
Sanders, our good dog for nearly three years hasn't been seen since before we got home from Utah. He was a really good dog and is greatly missed, especially by Joe and Savannah. Below are the pictures they've drawn for him. Not being a dog lover, I was surprised by how much I liked him. He was easy to have around, didn't shed and was pretty quiet. His favorite place inside was the front closet. He would nuzzle the door open and go inside to sleep. His favorite place outside was in the window well. I guess he just liked those small, cozy places.

Joe drew this picture for Sanders and hung it on the wall of the closet. Many tears have been shed by Joe and Savannah.

Savannah was probably Sanders favorite--mostly because she spent the most time with him. They were good friends. She goes to the back door every little while and calls his name, hoping he'll be back there. We don't know if he's alive or has passed on, but not having him here feels the same to the kids. I feel really bad for them.
9 comments:
I'm so sorry Sanders is lost! That is hard to lose a family pet... which is one of the reasons I don't like to have pets. I know that's weird, but that's how I am.
I am so sorry. That is awful. I don't have a lot of love or show it for my dog so much but I know I would be sad if he disappeared.
Good luck. I hope and pray he will make it back safe!
i am sick for you all. in every prayer since i told them, all my kids are praying for your family and for sanders. i'm so sorry and so sad for all of you. he sure was a cute dog.
OH HOW SAD!!! Poor Sanders and your poor family. We are all so sorry that he is lost. When my kids found out they were just sick. Let us know if he turns up!!!
You really don't know how much you will miss someone or something until it is gone. Maybe we should treasure time with our loved ones more than we do. Part of the grief is in not knowing; wondering why, wondering where, wondering the state of things wherever the departed has gone. I am very sad for Savannah and Joe. Their grief is very real and they need it recognized as such. Love, Grandpa H.
I wasn't aware that Sanders was missing. I am so sorry for the sadness you are experiencing. Especially Savannah and Joe. I love the pictures they drew for Sanders. Tell them I am very sad and I wish I could make it better for them. I hope Sanders finds his way home. It has happened before, that an animal finds his way back to his home. Sometimes even months later. He never was a bother as far as I could see when we visited. I love you all. Hugs to you to help you feel better. Love, Grandma Higginson
I wasn't aware that Sanders was missing. I am so sorry for the sadness you are experiencing. Especially Savannah and Joe. I love the pictures they drew for Sanders. Tell them I am very sad and I wish I could make it better for them. I hope Sanders finds his way home. It has happened before, that an animal finds his way back to his home. Sometimes even months later. He never was a bother as far as I could see when we visited. I love you all. Hugs to you to help you feel better. Love, Grandma Higginson
Sad. I hope that he is found or at least you have some sort of closure - at least know what happened to the poor thing.
Sorry. I wish I could give the kids a big hug. It is sad when we lose those animal friends, especially for the kids.
so sad. i mentioned on maria's blog that it is sad that ode probably has no idea what is going on and why aaron isn't around. i miss ode being around every day.
love you.
Post a Comment