We've had a lot of things going on the last couple of weeks. We had the open house for our new chapel. I intended to take pictures, but forgot the camera at home and didn't have time to run home and get it (since the gas light was on and I'd have had to take the time to stop and get gas, as well). That's what you call planning!
The chapel is beautiful and if I can ever remember my camera when I go for a young women's activity, I'll take some pictures.
Some of my young women (including Veronica and Savannah) gathered to do some cleaning on the kitchen and ended up washing and putting away all of the dishes and utensils. Hundreds and hundreds of both. It was a big job. There are a lot of details that go into getting a ward building up and running.
We have had about six inches of snow in the last week. It is pretty but treacherous to drive on, especially since they don't really plow roads here. They just dump a little sand on them here and there.
The snow afforded Savannah and Joe hours of fun as they built themselves a fort. They worked really hard and had a lot of fun.
Looks cozy, huh?
A couple of random pictures of Veronica and Joe and Savannah. I'm not sure when they were taken, but I thought the kids looked cute.
Bruce helped out with the Little Dribblers basketball camp at the High School. It is a camp sponsored by the high school basketball program.
Sorry for the grainy photos. I couldn't get very close. Bruce is casually dribbling the basketball, which looks funny since he doesn't appear to be paying attention to the ball at all.
Joe had his first basketball practice this morning for his city team. He was the tallest kid on the floor and did really well. Last night, when we told him he had practice, he said "I think I'm going to do great because Bruce has taught me a lot." This picture looks like he's playing air guitar, but he's not.
What a ball handler!
Since we got the MacGyver, season 1 DVD set at the white elephant gift exchange, some of the family has enjoyed watching episodes of the famous spy/handyman. Here Joe is displaying his MacGyver contraption. There is a string attached to the door and the drawer that will do something (he explained it, but I can't remember) and the necklace has a sparkling jewel that will catch the light, reflecting in the bad guys eyes and rendering them blind. That's my boy!
5 comments:
I love the MacGyver rigging. The jewel is the perfect touch. We have been watching at least one episode of MacGyver every day since we got back. The boys love it too. Fun basketball shots. I like to snow shots too, especially since we don't see too much of that white stuff around here.
I like Bruce's hair like that. Well shapen heads must run in the family.
That is sooo cute. You have BEAUTIFUL kids. We laughed at Bruce and Joe's pics. Very cute. Any sign of Sanders? Hope you are all well. We love you!!!
yo. fun posting. i laughed to myself about the macgyver stuff. angus macgyver, that is. the pics of the kids are gorgeous. ta ta
Thanks for the update on your cute family! I love the Macgyver thing. What a creative kid!
i forgot you won that gift at the exchange. lucky. :)
i remember that show, macgyver.
cute photos and fun times. your kids are quite active in... everything.
love you.
Post a Comment