Tuesday, January 1, 2008

"Enchanted" and the Higginson Christmas Party

On Thursday, December 27, we had the Higginson Family Christmas party and gift exchange. We had a really delicious meal. As you can see in this picture, the food was delicious and plentiful.
We had a fun (and slightly competitive) white elephant gift exchange. The variety of gifts was fun to see.
One of the gifts was a package of men's thongs which Spencer kindly modeled for us. Thank goodness it was OVER his shorts.
Travis, with his drawing order number in a place he'll be able to see the number easily.
Opening the presents.
The variety of unopened white elephant gifts.
Grandpa and Grandma Higginson.
More fun dollar store gifts!
Cute cousins waiting patiently on the floor for their turn.

Veronica and Samuel.
A footrace in the gym.


During our stay, we were able to go to the movie several times (thanks Grandpa Dale). The girls saw Enchanted on Wednesday night. We loved it. It was a fun, entertaining movie...

So we saw it again on Thursday afternoon...
...and on Saturday afternoon, as well. We were glad Grandma Higginson and Aunt Leslie and Aaron Jr. were able to go with us. Savannah went with Caroline's family later that afternoon.

While we were in Utah, Bruce stayed much of the time with Nathan. He had his first date on Friday night. HIS FIRST DATE! Crazy! Crazy! Crazy! He had a good time and even went to a chick flick--something he wasn't too thrilled about.


We enjoyed seeing family while we were in Utah and had a nice time. Of course, on the way back home, we ran into more bad weather. That seems to happen a lot to us in the winter. We don't enjoy it. What should have taken 2 hours and 45 minutes, took us nearly six hours. Glad we made it home safely and we're glad we were able to see you all. Love you!


5 comments:

Mindy said...

Looks like fun! I haven't seen Enchanted yet, but I am definitely planning to. I wish I could've seen you while I was there, too. It would've been so nice to visit with you. I feel like life just takes us all our busy separate ways, and it's hard to connect.

I'm glad you all made it home safely! We've had to drive through a few scary canyons this Christmas season.

If you ever want to email me, my address is bmatcsmith@gmail.com.

Love, Mindy

Kristi said...

I am glad to see some pictures from the party. We lost our camera at the tail end of our trip. Sorry the white elephant game got so competitive, that is how we play it with my mom's family. I would like to see that movie too.
Sorry about the crumby weather. It can sure get scary driving to
Twin Falls when it is snowy.
I'm glad you all got home safely.

Vicki said...

I'd have to say "Enchanted" is my favorite movie at the moment. I've only seen it twice so far, but hope to go again while it's still in the theater (or at least the dollar theater) and get it on DVD when it comes out, too. VERY cute show! Also, the Christmas party looked like fun... all the presents in the middle looked like the party of Jeff's (my husband) extended family's Christmas party. :-)

mudderandfodder said...

Sorry that most of the white elephants were dead! Nice to have pictures of the party, though. That is a good-looking "princess."

Scott / Lori said...

Most of the white elephants were fun!!! Come on!!! They were fun enough to be fought over anyway. Glad you could be here and see that movie 74 times. Hopefully one day we will get to see it too. Thanks for blogging the party.