Monday, April 26, 2010

Twenty-five Years and I Still Miss Him

Bruce Daniel Higginson
1969-1985
Twenty-five years ago today, Bruce died in a car accident. Twenty-five years. It was a day I'll never forget. Little details are burned into my mind.
Since then, a quarter of a century of Christmases, New Years, and Family reunions. Brother-in-laws and sister-in-laws he never met. Thirty-nine nieces and nephews have been born.
So many earthly experiences he had to postpone. So many times I wish he were here.
I wonder what he'd be like. Would he still have hair? Would his freckles have faded? Would he be serious or funny or both?
Who would he have married? What would he have done for a living? How many children would he have had? What would he have named them?
Even now, twenty-five years later, I cry. I miss him. I love him.
I look forward to someday seeing him again.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

i miss him so much. the memories of that day are burned into my mind as well. i can't believe it has been that long.

love you bruce.

Rebecca Adams said...

I wish I could have gotten to know Bruce. I already seem to know a little about him just from things I've read about him. I'm so grateful we have knowledge of the true Gospel of Jesus Christ so we know we can see our loved ones again!