Tuesday, April 13, 2010

BUILDING, BAKING & FLOWERS

So my window looks pretty and springy, even if there is snow on the ground outside.
Joe and some of his friends enjoy birthday cake.

Veronica and Savannah making strawberry freezer jam. They enjoyed an afternoon of baking, making two kinds of muffins, fudge filled squares and freezer jam. It was kinda nice to stay home over spring break. We planted a garden, visited grandparents and cousins, baked, and relaxed.

Joe built a roller coaster and another amusement park ride with his Knex that he got for his birthday. He does a great job of building and really focuses.
Bruce and Travis worked during the spring break. Bruce was happy to get lots of hours in. We're glad he likes his job.
I got really sick the last couple of days of spring break. Travis and I were supposed to speak in church on Sunday and by Friday night I had NO voice. I got a blessing and was able to speak, but went home miserable after sacrament meeting and yesterday found out I have a sinus infection and ear infection--and again, very little voice.
I woke up at 4:00 a.m. unable to swallow or sleep, so I went downstairs, planned May's Webelos, filled out the 2010 census for our family and got pictures ready to blog. I'm really tired.
The kids weren't very excited to go back to school, but thankfully its almost over. We're really looking forward to summer.



4 comments:

Kristi said...

I almost prefer to just stay home during spring break and relax and get stuff done. Your flowers are so cute. I hate that our spring break does not line up with Utah's so we could be with everyone doing all of that visiting.
We are glad to hear that you were able to give your talk in sacrament meeting. Hope you get feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you've been so sick. At least you got your talk in. :) Hope you get well quick. That's a lot of baking for those girls. wow!! And how nice to have them to make the jam.
I love your flowers and pots. so cute.

Aim Aug said...

You're talks were great! Glad you are feeling better. Joe's baby pics are adorable! He is so fun to have in Primary and around the neighborhood.

Leslie said...

oh man... busy busy. but i am sorry you got sick. i have had sicknesses where i could not swallow.

one time was on my mission and i literally walked the streets with my companion spitting on the ground every time i needed to swallow. i could not do it. then in the flat, i kept a cup with me at all times and would spit into it until it got full...

i had a throat infection. it was NOT fun.

sorry for the details.

love you.