This is Joe with his favorite teacher of all time, Miss Sechrest.
Joe's class went to Camp Floyd, out past Cedar Fort. This is where the military was stationed when they were sent by President Buchanan to keep the Mormons from uprising. Since the Mormons weren't actually uprising, there was nothing for them to do except build up the camp, and then be bored, so there was a lot of drinking and fighting that went on out there. It was an enjoyable field trip.
The kids got to learn about military formation and how to hold and fire a gun during drills.
They got to dip candles, do a pony express relay (with stick horses), make adobe bricks and tour the commisary, hotel and school.
Usually when I go on field trips, I'm assigned four for five kids, including my own. On this field trip, I was with another mother (who was standing out of earshot on the phone doing business most of the time) and we were assigned 20 kids. Yes, I said 20.
We ate a sack lunch and had a great time. Joe is a great kid!

Usually when I go on field trips, I'm assigned four for five kids, including my own. On this field trip, I was with another mother (who was standing out of earshot on the phone doing business most of the time) and we were assigned 20 kids. Yes, I said 20.
We ate a sack lunch and had a great time. Joe is a great kid!
4 comments:
wow, they should give you a teaching certificate for managing 20 kids.
Glad you could go with Joe. The pictures of you two are so cute.
man i wish i had skin that looked like that. adorable pics!!
cute & fresh new blog look!!
fun. i always loved field trips. i couldn't sleep the night before... that is how excited i always got.
Post a Comment