Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter, General Conference & My Conference Weekend Project

As happens on occasion, General Conference weekend was also Easter. I figured there would be some amazing talks centered on the Savior and the resurrection and I wasn't disappointed. The testimonies were powerful, the music was beautiful and it was a perfect way to commemorate the most important event in the history of the world. I also loved the messages to mothers and parents.
One thing I love about conference weekend is that I can listen to the talks while accomplishing something. Sometimes it is handiwork, sometimes a scrapping project, sometimes it is just coloring with the kids.
This conference, I decided I was going to tackle one of my organizing projects for the year--twenty years worth of family pictures as well as two missions worth of pictures and an album of wedding cake photos. So from two fruit boxes of loose photos, as well as some old, falling-apart photo albums, I started. I spent about eight hours on Saturday and about seven hours on Sunday. This is my finished project. I now have eleven albums, one photo box of loose photos and one photo box of negatives.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

yes. conference was incredible. and i'm in my post-conference sad phase. as far as the photos...i am just jealous. i'm not even righteous enough to be happy for you yet...just jealous. i'll work on that. i spent all 8 hours of conference sessions with either a baby at the breast or other children on top of me. i won't complain about that though cause i do love to have my children near me. but i got nothing done (except a tiny embroidery project)!!!

Unknown said...

okay. i'm ready to be happy for you. good job!!!

Anonymous said...

oh man. wow. that is wonderful. good job karey!!!! that is quite an accomplishment.

Leslie said...

wow. i am very impressed with this project you completed. i bet that feels amazing!

Kristi said...

Whoa! good work on your project. It feels great to put order to chaos.