Thursday, April 1, 2010

Savannah wins a N.O.V.A. Award

N.O.V.A. - Nurturing Opportunities, Values, & Accountability
The American Fork Police Department has been visiting the sixth grade for a good part of the year. They do team-building activities, teach life lessons, and have a lot of fun. One of the main assignments the kids had was to write their own personal constitution. At the graduation ceremony yesterday, a student from each class was recognized for their outstanding constitution. Savannah won the award for her class. Great job, Savannah!
MY N.O.V.A. CONSTITUTION

Savannah White

One of the standards I want for myself is to always try my hardest in everything I do. I know I can do hard things if I try my hardest. I want to work hard in school so I can go to the college of my choice. I want to always stand up for myself, my family, and my religion.
One of the things I value is my family, especially my older sister because she’s a great example to me in every way.
Opportunities I want to take that will lead me to the path of excellence is to learn as much as I can. I will work hard to develop my talents.
Things I want to avoid are drugs and anything near drugs. I will stay away from the dangers of the media and away from people that aren’t doing the right thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Savannah!!! That's awesome!

Kristi said...

Wow, what a responsible and morally sound 12 year old!

Leslie said...

way to go savannah! that is a wonderful personal constitution.

congrats!