I'm very happy to share a picture of my thriving African Violet. During one of my trips to Utah this morning, Travis (trying to be a good and helpful husband) watered my violet the same way he waters the flowers outside--with no concern for keeping the leaves dry. By the time I got home, most of the leaves were yellow and sick and wilted and there were no flowers. I trimmed the leaves back quite a ways and have been soak watering it weekly and it is looking beautiful!
July
7 years ago
7 comments:
goodie for you.
i have been considering taking a photo of my violet and sending it to everyone. it looks better right now than it ever has looked and mine has always looked good. (i am not bragging... i just love it)
Mine fell off the window sill and back behind the dryer...sad huh! Glad yours is a survivor. :)
so just how many trips to utah have you taken this morning? it's kind of a long drive. however did you pull it off?
That is beautiful. Is this the one from Mom? I wish I would have taken it more seriously.
My violet lasted...months. I am notorious for being a killer. I planted a Rosemary plant. It died while we were in Utah this last trip. We recently purchased an aloe plant. I made Spencer be the caretaker for that one. I need specific instructions, i.e. "give the plant 1/4 cup of water every day." I usually am too generous with the hydration. Looks like you have the green thumb though. What a beautiful plant.
gorgeous, glad it has lasted for you.
I am nursing 3 right now. they were all in one pot and didn't look right so I separated them and they are looking pretty good. However, I did manage to kill one of my other plants. My thumb isn't very green. Love, MOM H
Post a Comment