
On September 11, 2001, I was getting kids ready for school when Mom called and said, "You should turn on the tv. A plane just hit the World Trade Center." We turned it on in time to see the second plane hit, and then watched in horror as the towers crumbled and the events of the day continued. It was such a sucker punch. My heart continues to hurt at the terrible events of that day.

Travis and I were in New York three months before the attacks. If only we'd have known what was going to happen, we'd have sprung the big bucks to take the formal tour. We went back last summer and the gaping hole was very sobering.

This is a picture of the kids at a fountain just outside the fence that surrounds Ground Zero. I hope we never forget the events of that day and that we pray for our leaders to be guided so we never have to feel that vulnerable again.
5 comments:
wow. i'm not sure any of us could forget what we were doing when we first heard and how we felt that day. thanks for the reminder on this 6th anniversary. i just saw on the news the memorial with two beams of light shooting straight up into the sky. very moving. what would we do without our faith and the hope of the gospel? how dismal things would be. love you.
I will never forget where I was and what I was doing when Robert called to tell me a plane had plowed into one of the twin towers. Later, we remembered, when we were in NYC before 9/11, standing at the top of one of those twin towers looking over and saying "can you ever imagine one of these buildings coming down?" Very sobering. Thanks for sharing.
Yes, what a day that was. I was stunned all day long. What a scary, and yet, wonderful world we live in.
That was a nice post. What a sad event. We feel the same. We were in New York around the same time as you. The closest we got to the towers was taking pictures out the window of our car. I'm glad we had the chance to be there before this horrible event as well.
i think that is a day that everyone will remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news or saw the news. youa re right... very sobering.
Post a Comment