After many hours (well over the 10 hour requirement), I have my "Good Works" project completed. As a Young Women's leader, I have to do three projects. I already completed one of them in the spring. I made paper pieced board books full of good thoughts for all my graduating senior girls. This is my second one. I made tablecloths in each of the value colors, to use when we're teaching lessons, etc. I embroidered the name of the value on the two front corners of the tablecloth. They turned out really nice and I used one in my last lesson.My last required project is completing the book by Elder Holland, "Christ and the New Covenant." That will be finished in a couple of days, as I am just reading the notes at the end now. I would recommend that book to anyone and everyone. It was so good and strengthened my testimony so much. It has been a good challenge for me to earn my leader medallion.

5 comments:
awesome project ideas. did the girls love the books you did for them? the tablecloths were a good idea too. i am reading that book (by your recognition). thank you. someday i hope to be able to earn my yw recognition since i never did.
It is neat that the YW leaders can work on projects along with the young women...I am sure it is encouraging for them. Your projects seemed neat too. I want to read that book by Elder Holland now as well.
How neat for you to be able to complete projects right along with the girls. I really like those table cloths.
I will add the book on my list of books to read, perhaps I will put it to the top of the list.
Wow. You are awesome. That is so neat you did this. This year was my goal to get my leader award. Then I was released. I guess I'll save it for one day when I may get called again. The tablecloths are beautiful. That is such a great idea and will come in handy for YWIE and New Beginnings. And Lisa, you never earned your reward? How did that happen? Love you all.
ok those are adorable. what a great idea.
Post a Comment