School finally started for everyone. Bruce has been in school for three weeks, but Veronica, Savannah and Joseph started today. They are going to Xavier Charter School, and because of some hold-ups with the completion of the interior, the first day of school was postponed until today. In fact, even today, they met at the Nazarene Church because there is still about a week of work to have the school ready.The kids and I went to the school and helped with the construction. They helped with cleanup and sweeping. I did mudding and taping of the drywall. I did a whole wall in a hall.
Bruce is now in 10th grade, Veronica is in 8th grade, Savannah is in 4th grade and Joseph is in 1st grade.
When we got to the multi-purpose room, the kids sat with their classes, then there was the Pledge, they sang "You're a Grand Old Flag", then they did the pledge to the Idaho flag and the the school creed. The kids had their creed and the teachers/staff had theirs. When it was time for the kids to go to class, they filed out with their teachers. Joe smiled at me until he was almost out of sight and then yelled back "I love you, Mom." It was very sweet. Of course, being a boy and making friends pretty easily, Joseph had made a couple of good friends by the time school was over.
Savannah is the age now where even though she was excited, she was a little nervous. When I picked her up this afternoon, she said she loved her teacher and had a really fun day, but didn't make any new friends. I hope she finds someone. She and Veronica are so shy until they know people. I'm glad she loved her teacher!
Veronica had a couple of girls in her class she'd like to get to know better. She loved her classes and teachers and although she didn't know many people, she liked it much better than her first day at the regular school. PE for her is going to be Pilates, and dance. Her reading list looks great and includes Pride and Prejudice, Lord of the Flies and To Kill a Mockingbird, among others. They are all excited about the year.
5 comments:
How cute are they!!!! And Joe! "I love you Mom". Heart wrenching. How was your day? Were you counting the seconds? I can't believe your family! Bruce in 10th grade. Wow!
Love you tons. I'd like to hear more about this or should I say these books I'm hearing about.
Yea for the kids to be in their new school! Looks like they had fun! They are all growing up so fast! Cute kids!
fun times. i hope they will all make good, quality friendships. the school sounds great. love you all! pride & prejudice? can't beat that!
Wow, that is neat that PE isn't stinky ol' aerobics and running laps and that the reading lists are classics. I want to have gone to a charter school. Maybe I can Billy Madison it up in a charter school. What cute kids.
pretty song on your blog. what an exciting first day of school. good luck this year... all of you kids.
Post a Comment