Monday, June 21, 2010

I love Elder Holland





I remember when this talk was given in October, 1999. At the time, I was pregnant with Joe and so, so, so sick--losing weight, throwing up constantly and in terrible pain.


I read the talk again and again in the next several months as I was on over three months of bed-rest and in excrutiating pain every time I'd have to get up to use the bathroom. It was inspiring and helpful and given just for me.


A few months after Joe was born, I was grocery shopping at Fred Meyer in Bountiful, when I saw Elder and Sister Holland in the produce section. Hesitantly, I approached him and with tears in my eyes, told him how his talk had impacted me and how important it had been during that hard time. He admired my beautiful baby and curly-haired little girl, gave me a hug, and told me that Heavenly Father loved me and knew good things were just around the corner.


How inspired are the brethren. I love conference and I love Elder Holland and this inspired message.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I delivered Elder Holland his Salt Lake Tribune newspaper every day for 2-3 months when I was 18. I never once saw him, but I know where he lives.
He sure has given some amazing and inspirational talks.

Scott / Lori said...

I love his talks too. They seem to always be something I need and/or want my children to hear. What a great story about him.

Leslie said...

loved that talk as well. so inspirational. i love elder holland. he is amazing.

thanks for sharing this story.