First, I'll talk about the one I chose to be the father of my kids. I'm so thankful to have found someone who loves being a dad and wants to be a part of his kids' lives. Travis is a dad who takes his kids to church, prays with his kids, is always willing to take them to a movie or the park, supports them in their activities and loves and encourages them. He would choose to do something with his kids before he'd choose to do something with friends. The kids know he likes to be with them and that's a wonderful thing. He gives them father's blessings and teaches them about faith in the Lord. He teaches them to be practical, thrifty, and hard-working. He isn't frivolous and wasteful and he's teaching all of these qualities by his example. He's a blessing in our lives.
Travis's dad is funny, generous and thoughtful. He's laid-back and casual and makes you feel comfortable immediately. He's genuinely interested in what is happening in his kid's and grandkid's lives and celebrates every accomplishment. He works hard and taught that quality to Travis. He loves to share with his family, especially good food that he usually cooks himself and fun experiences, like ball games and fine dining.We are very blessed to have these fathers and grandfathers in our lives. I'm so grateful for the influence they are on my kids and I love them all.
Happy Fathers Day!
3 comments:
nice tribute to all of the men in your life.
Glad we were able to see all of you on Father's Day. Great tribute, great men.
these were great tributes.
love ya.
Post a Comment