So today was my birthday. Birthdays just aren't the same when you get older. I don't look forward to them quite as much. It was nice, though and my family was sweet. Savannah made me a birthday cake. This is no small thing since she isn't my daughter that likes to bake. In fact, she usually rebels at the idea of helping Veronica or me in the kitchen, so thanks to Savannah.One of the things I wanted to do for my birthday was to frame three watercolor cards I purchased in Alaska from an amazingly talented artist at a little booth. Her name is Kana Yamasaki and she was so nice and her work was so beautiful. I also purchased a lovely Christmas watercolor that will be displayed later in the year. I love that I found a frame for cheap at Ross and that this turned out so great.
The kids gave me a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble and Travis gave me flowers.
The three younger kids and I ran to See's to pick up Father's Day presents and we all enjoyed a couple of chocolates or a sucker. See's has to be the best candy in the world!
For the past several days my sciatica (I hope I spelled that right) has been hurting and I haven't felt great. In Idaho I had a woman that did lymphatic drainage and reflexology. Well, knowing I was hurting, Travis called an old colleague and hunted down someone for me to go to. It was both great and brutal. I doubt I'd have hurt worse if I'd been in an old world dungeon with shackles and whips and cruel instruments pulling off my fingernails one at a time, but DO I EVER FEEL BETTER!!! She really knew what she was doing and it made a huge difference. Thank you Travis!
Spencer and Kristi and their family are in Utah visiting from Oregon, so we invited them down for hot dogs around the fire. We had a nice visit. Their kids are so cute. Unfortunately they ran into bad traffic both directions, so that stunk, but it was nice to have them come down. Here are a few pictures.
I'm looking forward to lunch tomorrow with Travis for my birthday and Father's Day. Thanks to my family for making today a nice day. I have many, many blessings and five of the best of them live with me.
5 comments:
Whoa, you don't miss a beat, a prompt blogger you are. I liked those watercolors you framed, and Savannah's cake (that apparently Luke had been eying all evening) was very cute. Glad you had a good day and hope you have a great outing with Travis today. Thanks for inviting us down. We love you guys.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I also love the watercolors you framed and think that was such a great idea! Hope you had and have a great day. How fun to have Spencer and Kristi's family down to play. Love you!
oh my $@#&*!! please forgive me for remembering about 17 minutes ago. i promise when i saw the physical date on the e-mail from rob, my wheels started turning. i knew there was something i missed. and sure enough it was your birthday. you are in super good company though. i have forgotten lori's birthday 2 years IN A ROW. is this the second year in a row for you to be forgotten by me too? it is no reflection on how much i love you though. it is just a testimony to the fact that i LITERALLY NEVER KNOW WHAT THE DATE IS...EVER. i have limited brain capacity these days which was only compounded this week by the stomach flu making its way around our family. it sounds like you had a great day and i am COMPLETELY jealous of your trip to the torture lady. i love you. thanks for being a great sister and friend. happy birthday.
Happy Birthday!! (late) Love you!
happy birthday karey. love you so much.
i am surprised i am not the one who reminded lisa that it was your birthday. it seems like i usually remind her by saying something casually about birthdays and then she feels horrible. :)
she loves us all anyway, right?
happy birthday. love you. we will come down for a visit soon.
Post a Comment