Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Veronica

So in honor of my first daughter turning sixteen tomorrow, here are a few things I love about Veronica.She willingly helps. Most of the time, without being asked, she jumps right in and helps. I appreciate this more than she can imagine. She’s been that way for so long. I remember what a great helper she was when I was on bedrest with Joe and that was when she was only six. She loves to bake. I rarely have to bake for an occasion or visiting teaching or much of anything, because Veronica loves to do it. And she’s good at it!

Veronica is a no-nonsense gal. She’s pretty low maintenance and even though it finds her on occasion, she doesn’t seek out drama.She doesn’t have any idea how beautiful she is. She’s not fancy schmancy and although she likes to look pretty, she doesn’t spend hours on hair and makeup. She’s a natural beauty!

If the prophet says it or it can be found in For the Strength of Youth, there is no discussion. She’s incredibly obedient and unrebellious. She wants to be good.
She does her best in everything—from school to piano to jobs to babysitting. If she does it at all, she wants to do it well.

She’s a good and loyal friend. Lucky is the person who can count her as a friend. She loves babies and children more than any sixteen year old I know. If there’s a baby in sight, she wants to hold it and admire it. If there’s a child around, she wants to make them smile. She will be an incredible mother.We love Veronica and I’m proud to have her as my daughter and friend.Happy Sixteenth!

10 comments:

Rebecca Adams said...

Wow! 16?!?! It's amazing how fast time flies! I remember Veronica when she was younger at family reunions and such. I can't believe she'll be 16! Hope she has a happy birthday! :)

Mindy said...

Happy Birthday, Veronica! Beautiful now, and adorable as a little girl. She sounds so much like my Aubrey...

Kristi said...

I loved looking at those kid pictures. Veronica is so cute. She has the most beautiful brown eyes. If I had the money, I would hire her as my nanny for the summer. She is so cute with all her nieces and nephews.
I didn't realize she was turning 16. Wow, driving, dating, its a whole new world. Happy birthday Veronica. We love you to pieces.

Leslie said...

happy birthday veronica!

we love you and we are grateful for you.

you have always had such amazing eyes. looking back through your childhood photos reminded me how big they were even when you were little.

good luck with the driving, but more importantly, good luck with the dating. :) hahaha.

love you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Veronica!!! You are beautiful and so sweet and kind and we admire and love you so much!! Congratulations on the big 16!!!

Scott / Lori said...

Happy Birthday Veronica! We all love you at our house. Thank you for always being so great with our kids.....I think you know how they feel about you! You are a wonderful, beautiful young lady and are a great example to all of your younger cousins. We all hope you have a fantastic day.

Mark said...

Veronica, you are the number one. You were named after my favorite movie " Veronica Smiles " It is about two guys that were wrongfully accused and at the end nothing gets resolved and everybody ends up feeling sad and hanging on a cliff. Anyway, happy birthday. Maybe we can come over some time and eat pizza and fruit slices. Love Mark, Suzy and Evelyn.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday dear Veronica! It has been so neat watching you grow from such an adorable little girl in to such a beautiful young woman. You have a tender heart and are so loving with little children.
Happy Sweet 16!! We love you so much!
Love,
Kara

. said...

16? Already??? You were just born, Veronica. I remember. Wow...I'm getting old.

Happy Birthday! We're all lucky to have such a sweet, beautiful neice.

Drive carefully!

Nairn

mudderandfodder said...

Happy birthday (late) to our beautiful GRAND daughter, Veronica. From the moment you were born you have been a special sweet member of our family. You are my favorite pen pal...even though you are almost my only one! (: But I do enjoy our correspondence very much. Grandpa and I feel very blessed to have you in our lives. Lots of love,
Grandma Higginson