I guess the deer look forward to spring, as well. I was unaware that tulips were like dessert for a deer. We enjoyed the leaves of our tulips for a few days, but as soon as the bulbs appeared, all that remained of the tulips in the back yard (and my vision) are broken stems and uprooted bulbs.
The title of my post is a quote I found. I'm not sure what to make of it. Where do me and my failed gardening attempts fit into that quote.
As I looked for a quote for this posting, I found a few I'd like to share.
"I garden, therefore I am." Whatever.
"A garden is a friend you can visit anytime." This is great if you purposely want to spend your time with a friend that screams at you that you're a failure.
"He who plants a garden, plants happiness."
"A garden is a mirror to the heart." This one is particularly disturbing. My heart must be a weedy, neglected, depressing place.
But here I go again. This is my square foot garden. I was assured in Relief Society that ANYONE can be successful with a square foot garden. We'll see.
Just in case anyone feels that they should get excited for me because of the growing cabbage and swiss chard, don't. The swiss chard came already looking almost this big and Joe grew the cabbage at school. I'm just trying not to kill it.
I hope to be successful this year. I'm having faith!
3 comments:
I have killed every house plant we have every owned. We have had a garden 2 different times and I was medium in my success. This year, now that we have our own garden beds, we are hoping that it will be great. We are going to plant this or next weekend. I will keep my fingers crossed for you too.
so cute. i love that you are posting again. it is so fun to see your life. and i am so sorry about your tulips. how sad. good luck with the veggies. i haven't ever tried that but am guessing i wouldn't be very successful. :)
i had to laugh several times through this posting. you crack me up!
love you.
Post a Comment