It might be because Bruce is a senior and can't wait to be through with school.It might be because we have some great things planned for summer.
It might be because everyone is tired of homework.
Whatever the reason, I can't EVER remember a time when my kids have been so ready for school to get out. Every kid has wanted to miss days of school this past month. They are all a little harder to get up in the morning. We're just ready for summer!
Bruce, being a senior has about three days left. The rest have six. They just have to gut it out and then summer will be here.
I have ALWAYS looked forward to summer. For the first time in my life, I have mixed feelings about summer coming. As a kid who didn't love school, I couldn't wait for summer every year. As a mom who LOVES having my kids around, I have always loved summer. But this year feels a little different. You see, in a matter of days, summer vacation will be here and then the fun will begin. And then, all too quickly, the fun will end. The kids will go back to school, but this time Bruce will live somewhere else. He won't show up for lunch every day. He won't ask what's for dinner. He won't be around to tease us and crack jokes. He won't be here to show us a highlight on Sportscenter or to watch Law and Order with me.
Oh great! Now I'm crying.
We're all looking forward to summer, but I just wish there was a "Pause" on the remote control of life. I'm not really ready for what comes after summer.
4 comments:
It is so sad... sometimes I think of the three short years I have left with Aubrey and I can't believe it. She's grown up way too fast. Then I think of the 10 short years I have before all of my babies are gone. Sigh.
That is very sad. Well live it up this summer, knowing that you are making memories that will stay with you and your kids for the rest of their lives.
wow. Yeah...watching you and Richard raise your older kids has really made me want to keep mine young. It goes way too fast.
So what fun things are you doing this summer?
wow. i can't believe bruce is graduating and going to college.
it is crazy. it makes me feel so old watching my nephews and nieces graduate from high school and go on missions and come home from missions.
bruce will still be around a lot... i am sure he will come home often.
love you.
Post a Comment