Saturday, December 22, 2007

Xavier Christmas Concert

The Xavier School Christmas concert was Friday, December 21. It was a wonderful show. Joseph (1st grade) sang Suzie Snowflake, the same song I sang at the Christmas program when I was in third grade. He did a great job. Here he is smiling and waving to us.
Savannah's class (4th grade) performed a Latin number that was really beautiful. She knew all the words. I was impressed. Many of the songs performed were actual "Christ"mas songs, including some that we usually hear only in church. That was great since for the last few years we've attended the kids "Winter Concert" or "Holiday Concert".
Veronica participated in a beautiful dance. The girls started out alone and then were joined by the boys and did a real waltz to the song Mary Sweet Mary, by Faith Hill. It was a gorgeous song and Veronica looked very pretty and graceful as she danced. The evening ended with Silent Night. It was held at the College of Southern Idaho's Little Theater and it was a really nice facility that seats 300. They performed two shows and they were both full.
One very unusual thing that may have been a first for us is that Travis and I sat in the audience just the two of us. Bruce was playing in a game in Idaho Falls and all the rest of the kids were performing. Very weird.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I love Christmas programs. I am glad to hear that it was a "Christ"mas program. We'll see you soon.

Scott / Lori said...

Looks like a great program and a great school. WHat cute kids you are!