This is me with Brenda, Theresa, and Liberty, the other three leaders that were over the 4th year girls. I stayed in a tent with Brenda on the far left. Theresa and Liberty stayed in the cabin. It smelled really bad. I was so glad I was in a tent.
Veronica with some of her friends and her Beehive leader, Geana. We went to a place not very far from Redfish Lake, called Lake Alturas. It's a nice campground. I didn't get to be with Veronica, like I was last year, (she was a 2nd year) so I was sad about that. Luckily, Geana was with her group, so they had a great time.
Veronica and Kimberly, her best friend. They got to know each other last year at Girls' camp. She is in our ward, but when they make the ward changes in October, she probably won't be. Sad!
This is me and Geana at the lodge. She's not only my second counselor, but a really good friend.
This is Veronica working on the Humanitarian project. The girls put together 1000 family hygiene kits and 100 ABC books for the education kits. The girls did lots of coloring in their free time. It was a great project! I enjoyed camp a lot and so did Veronica. We came home tired and dirty, but glad we went. There was more free time than last year and some of the activities were really fun. Besides the Humanitarian project, there was first aid, boating, a color Personality class, some nice devotionals, an inspiring testimony meeting, first aid, a hike, and the commitment trek, which was excellent. It was a very nice few days for the girls.
We're glad to be home and showered and I really enjoyed my own bed last night. We missed Travis, Bruce, Savannah and Joe while we were gone. They did a good job at home and when I got home, it looked good and they were all well-cared for. Thanks to all of them for making it possible for us to go.
5 comments:
Wow. That was a quick post. Or did you get home Friday? Looks like fun. I actually missed getting to go this year having just been released (and having a new baby). I'm so glad you all have such great friends there. Love you.
I love girls camp! I am sure it is a lot of work for all of the leaders but it was my favorite memory from Young Women's growing up. Karey I bet you are such a great Young Women's president. You really seem to pour yourself into that calling.
It is also fun to see the faces of the people that fill your lives up there. Do you feel like you have an Idaho life and a Utah life? Maybe it is just me. Sorry for rambling. Love ya and loved to see girls camp.
kristi...you just clinched a calling as camp leader or yw pres in the next 10 years. congrats! anyway. camp looked like fun. i know camping isn't 'yo thang' so good job, karey!
Looks like a real party! What a pretty area to go to though. I wish I would have gone to girls camp more. I only went once....I think every other year the family was gone somewhere. Glad it turned out better than expected.
sounds like fun.
Post a Comment