Saturday, July 14, 2007

Cowboy Stuff and Silly Kids

We made a birthday cake for Jordan Rogers and her sisters came over and decorated it. (Jordan is the youngest daughter of my friend Lori, who died at the beginning of the summer.) Jordan takes after her Mom and loves all things cowboy. Her Mom was a championship roper and grew up on a ranch in Nevada. Jordan is turning 9 on Sunday.
For her birthday present from our family, we made this charm bracelet. The picture in the charm is of her Mom.
Savannah and Joe being silly. It's hard to imagine a time when a jacket was required. Hopefully this heat wave will end soon. Savannah looking cute. I think she took this of herself.
I think Savannah also took this cute shot of Joe. I love the toothless smile. That one lone tooth on top is very loose. Soon he'll have nothing right there.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

what a cute cake. and adorable bracelet. that is so nice of you to do that for her as she doesn't have a mom living to even make her a birthday cake. so sad. cute kids!!

mudderandfodder said...

Thanks for blogging. You are wonderful to adopt your friend's girls as you have. We do worry about the load you carry Karey. That one picture does NOT look like Savannah! Your little kids are growing up way too fast. They are looking like young adults, and we are not ready for that. As usual, you have confirmed our belief that our grandkids are the best! Love, mudderandfodder

Scott / Lori said...

Adorable cake. That sure turned out cute. I love the breacelet. I agree...Savannah didn't even look like herself! Joe's teeth are funny. See you on Friday!

Anonymous said...

I love the toothless smile. Cute pictures. Beautiful children. That bracelet is awesome. And a great cake. Good job Karey. I admire you. By the way, I didn't know that was Savannah in the picture with Joe as well. I thought it must be your friends daughter. My kids told me otherwise.

. said...

Everyone's so big and cute! Love the cake too!

. said...

I fourth that not looking like Savannah! And beautiful bracelet.

Kristi said...

Hey, I left a comment yesterday and it isn't here. What the?
I said something to the effect that you are a super nice lady and that you are probably helping Jordan out abundantly by being a mother figure to her.
I also mentioned the cuteness of your kids and the bracelet.

Leslie said...

it didn't look like savannah to me at first glance, but after looking at the photo... i figured it was her even though she looks so different in it. so there. :)
great stuff karey.

Leslie said...

p.s. it is hard for me to leave your blog because i love looking at photos while listening to that neat song by simply red. good choice.