Monday, July 30, 2007

DRIVE-IN Double-Feature

Saturday night we loaded up bags of popcorn with Junior Mints, bottles of water, chairs and blankets and headed for the drive-in. It was a family-friendly double feature of Ratatoulle and Meet the Robinsons. Both movies were cute and entertaining. Loving good food the way I do, I loved the cooking references in Ratatoulle. At one point in the movie, the Rat takes a bite of a fine piece of cheese and then a bite of a fresh strawberry. He says that they are wonderful on their own, but when you take a bite of them together (which he then does with fireworks going off around him), something magical happens. Joseph leaned over to me and said "I love to do that." I said, "Maybe you'll be a chef someday."
Meet the Robinsons was a cute movie about an abandoned or orphaned genius who has trouble fitting in. It shows the baby being left on the steps of a church and as you see a close-up of the cute, animated baby wrapped in the blanket, Joe leaned over to me and said, "I love it already." We all enjoyed both movies and what a bargain. I'd recommend both movies to any of you and your families!

7 comments:

Teresa Higginson said...

What a fun family outing! I have also wanted to do that as a family but Zach used to hate going to movies because they were too long. He did enjoy Pirates III though, so maybe we can try a double feature drive-in? Cute Joe. Zach wants to come up there soon so they can play. But we will see you before that.

Anonymous said...

We saw Meet the Robinsons and LOVE it. We keep trying to make time to go to Ratatouille. How fun to get both in one shot.

Lisa said...

meet the robinsons is a new favorite of my kids. someday maybe you'll get your copy back john & tawnie.

Kristi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristi said...

Okay, here we go. I love drive-ins. I wish we had one up here. We have see Ratatouille. It sounds like Meet the Robinsons is a "must-see". What a fun outing.

Leslie said...

i would like to see both of those movies

Scott / Lori said...

We took the girls to Ratatouille and they and Scott loved it. I spent a decent amount of time in the hall with Lily until she fell asleep. We are glad you had fun!