So after sending Bruce off to college last week, you'd think that sending the rest of the kids to school would be a breeze. It wasn't. I love summer. Especially now that my kids are older. Instead of spending the summer thinking of things to keep the kids entertained, the kids were so helpful and fun this year.
Savannah - 7th grade (1st year of Jr. High)
For much of the summer, they knew I was working on my book revisions and they've never pitched in better. It sounds selfish, but I'm going to miss the extra hands pitching in every morning.
It's great to live in a place where there is so much the kids can do outside, and they took advantage of it all--biking, riding the powerwing, night games on the golf course, building boats to float on the pond, digging and building in the piles of dirt/rock provided by the construction site across the street and more.
Veronica - High School Junior
I'm feeling a little homesick for my kids today, but that isn't the only reason I'm a little sad to see school start. I could have mustered up more enthusiasm if my kids had been more excited, but unfortunately, Joe was the only one really happy about it. The girls were nervous and didn't want to go. When they worry, I worry.
So while they looked as cute as can be, we return with mixed feelings. I'm hoping for a great year for them and that by the time they get settled into their new routine, they'll be happy.
Here's to another school year. May it be the best ever!
5 comments:
I guess I haven't ever thought about how close in age our kids are! Cooper started 4th grade today, Tyler 7th grade, and Aubrey is a sophomore... almost all the same!
The kids all look so cute. The first day of school is a big deal, if I am remembering it right. I hope Savannah and Veronica's nerves settle as they move into a new routine. Give them all a big hug from us. Oh, did I mention there is a stack of things that were left here from your visit? (Joe's hat, shoes, a pair of socks (possibly Bruce's), and that monkey that my boys were obsessed about.) I am hoping Mom and Dad can bring them down to you if they come up for the baby. If not we do some shipping.
I love Savannah's hair!!!! I bet they will do great!!! We got all moved out today and I have to say Cedar Hills is a beautiful place to live. I love the mountains and how pretty they are, I will miss it so much!! Keep in touch!!
i hear ya, sister. i hear ya. they all look cute as can be.
i am dreading sending aaron jr to school. here's hoping this school year drags on forever so that i get to have him home with me for a LONG time. :)
the kids look adorable / beautiful for their first day.
Post a Comment