Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Travis Has A Birthday!

So Travis had a birthday. Not the exciting occurrence it once was, but we did celebrate with dinner at Joe's Crab Shack and a cheesy but cute romantic comedy, "When In Rome." We had a great time. So, in honor of the birthday, and the man who celebrated it, here are a few things I love about Travis (in no particular order).

1. He's funny. Sometimes he's extremely witty with a quick joke that takes me by surprise. Other times he's so corny I have to roll my eyes--I can't laugh out loud at such silliness. We all get a good laugh, but I think one reason he misses Mehmet is because Mehmet laughed at ALL of Travis's jokes, even the ones the rest of us just shake our heads and smirk at.

2. He works hard. Whether it is at his job, on the yard, or pitching in around the house, he's not afraid to work hard. Of course, one thing I have to laugh at is that if he's working outside, he's accompanied by his workgloves. That's one thing I just don't get, but since he gets the job done, it's okay with me if he wears them.

3. He's a big kid and a girl and a tough guy. By that I mean, he'll watch the most ridiculous kid movies with the kids. I never have to go see the silliest of them because he takes them and he laughs with them at all the stupid parts. One of the greatest things ever is listening to Travis and Joe laugh their heads off at something so dumb I could scream. He also enjoys a good chick flick, which is lucky for me and the girls. And yet, he still enjoys a good action movie with Bruce. He's very versatile!

4. He stands strong for the Family and the Gospel. He teaches his family. He demonstrates faith. He works hard to fulfill his role. He supports me in mine. He takes us to church. He fulfills his callings. He teaches Family Home Evening. He loves us.

5. He cares about the family having fun together. He insists on and plans family outings and vacations. He sacrifices his time and money because he wants his children to have fun experiences and good memories. He welcomes the kids' friends and is willing to have our home be the gathering spot.

6. He knows how to throw a good party and stops at nothing to be sure that anyone who comes to visit feels welcome and has a good time.

7. He considers me a friend and calls me to share interesting stories or ridiculous trivia and statistics. He would rather be with us than anywhere else. His first choice for a companion for an outing or activity is someone (or more than one) from our family.

I am lucky and blessed to have a husband like him. I love you, Travis. Happy birthday!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

travis is such a great guy. he really does make us feel sooooo welcome. always getting john yummy snacks and stuff. we love and appreciate travis.

Anonymous said...

What a great tribute. I think Travis is one of the neatest guys ever. As you mentioned his well roundedness, I have always felt that from him. He has a genuine care and concern for others and even though we rarely see him, he is always so thoughtful of everyone else....asking how we are, etc. After a visit with Travis, we always mention what a great guy he is. So Happy Birthday Travis!!!! Thanks for your example to our family. We love you!!

Kristi said...

I too appreciate Travis's sense of humor. Even the cheesy jokes, if there is something clever or punny to say, you just have to say it if it comes to you, right? Yep, a fun-loving and caring guy in deed. Happy birthday Travis. We love you too!

Leslie said...

that was a very nice tribute.

its too bad i am not around much anymore, because i actually laughed at all of the funny things travis said while all of you rolled your eyes. hahaha. he is funnier than he gets credit for. :)

he has been good to you. you are blessed.

happy birthday travis. we love you.