Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Two Pianos Find New Homes

Today was a pretty exciting day at our house. Shortly after Travis got home for lunch, we had a knock at the door. When I answered the door, one of the men standing there said they had a delivery for us. We stepped outside and there was a Bach Builders truck and trailer by the driveway and a beautiful piano sitting in the driveway.
Grandma Renae told her husband that she wanted to set aside money when she rented her Ogden condo and get the grandkids a new piano. A couple of days later, he told her that a new piano was being delivered to us. It came today. It is beautiful and sounds great. What a thoughtful thing to do. We REALLY appreciate it.
Great reactions from the kids as they got home from school. They were completely surprised and very excited.
Bruce stood at the front door for several seconds, looking around and wondering why I had a camera pointed at him. He kept saying "What? What? What?" as he looked around. Finally he saw it and this was his reaction.
It's a beautiful black piano with a matching bench.
Veronica couldn't wait to play it, of course.
One nice bonus was that we had our old piano. Travis and I almost immediately decided it would be nice to surprise Veronica's best friend Andee. She's been taking piano lessons this year at school, but the only thing she has at home to practice on is a toy keyboard. I called her mom and they were thrilled. They came right over and we loaded it in their pickup and they took it home. Her Mom got teary-eyed and hugged me. They were very grateful. So two families were surprised in a wonderful way today.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Exciting! That is so fun! How nice of them to do that for you!!!!
love you. Cute pictures to see the excitement. I can imagine you standing there so excited waiting for the kids!!! Love it!

Leslie said...

that is so great! i am very excited for you guys and for veronica's friend.
can't wait to hear your kids play it.

Lisa said...

neat-o story! it is a gorgeous piano. i'm so happy for you...you really deserve it.

Vicki said...

I love the pictures, especially the ones of their excited expressions! :-)

Kristi said...

What a surprise! How fun for all the kids. I would love to hear its sound. Next time we come I expect a performance from all of them.

Mindy said...

I'm so glad that two families could be so blessed! I also love your red door. Very cute!