This cute and cheerful boy is turning eight years old. I can't believe he is already eight. It seems like just yesterday that he was a cuddly, little baby.
Let me tell you a few things about our Joe. Joe loves to build things. He sometimes pulls up a website with instructions for paper airplanes, and then he'll make airplanes for everyone. He even bought a book with his own money that was full of patterns and papers for airplanes. He is good with his hands and good at figuring things out. He loves toys that let him build things or transform things.
A couple of years ago, we went to see the Blue Angels. It was amazing and we were really close. Joe decided at that point that he'd like to grow up to be a trick pilot. Maybe he'll be a pilot or an engineer when he grows up.
Joe is very sweet and cuddly. He loves to sit by my and he tells me he loves me a lot. He worries about my feelings and if I'm sad about something, he will sit by me and watch to see if I have any tears he should wipe away.
Joe loves to sing. He sings all the time and all kinds of music. He sings to himself or anyone who will listen. He has a really good voice and learns words really fast.
Joe loves basketball and wants to play as good as Bruce when he gets bigger. He shoots baskets almost every day.
Joe is a good student and gets good grades. Unfortunately, he's also a good talker and has to be talked to often about being less sociable. Where did that come from?
We love Joe and are very glad he's in our family. Happy birthday, Joe. I love you!
12 comments:
Cute kid! Happy birthday!
Way to go, Joe! You rock. Happy birthday and good luck with your upcoming baptism. That will be a great day for you. Zach says Hi and he can't wait to play again.
Robert, Teresa and Zach
Happy Birthday Joseph!! How lucky Thomas is to get to share such a special day with you. You are so handsome and we would love to hear you sing. 8 Years old already!! That sure snuck up. Are you going to get baptized soon? I'll bet you are going to be an awesome basketball player just like Bruce. You are a good buddy to your mom. We hope you have a great 8 year old year. We love you. Love, Uncle John, Aunt Tawnie, John, Emily, Thomas, Jack, and Samuel
happy birthday, joe! what a handsome little, i mean big, fella you are. when stella saw your picture she said 'that's joe'. thanks for being so sweet to your mom. and thanks for being a good friend to the twins. let us know when your baptism is. we love you!
hey, i just checked this morning and there was nothing new yet. i thought you might post something about joe today.
hey joe, happy birthday. your card is going to be a couple of days late, okay? you are getting so big. we can't wait to come up there for your baptism. you look VERY dashing in the photo. we love you very much.
-leslie and aaron jr. *
Joe is the oldest. I have never seen anyone as old as him. He is older than me now.
Good job Joe.
Love You all
Happy Birthday Joe. When your mom was talking about an up coming baptism, I couldn't believe it was yours. Since we are away I don't get to see you very often and I forget how big you really are. The pictures in this blog sure prove it. I would love to hear some of your singing and am very interested in you showing me how to make a good paper airplane. I stink at them. We love you a whole bunch and hope you had a super birthday. Love, Spencer, Kristi, Spencer, Luke, and Benjamin
P.S. Although we won't be able to make your baptism, I think our boys will be there. They will have to tell us all about it.
Hey, Joe. You da man! We love you. I love to sit by you during Conference talks. I love to put you in traps between Conference sessions. You are my friend!
Soon you will be baptized and confirmed. Then, soon after that you will be ordained a deacon and pass the Sacrament. Then, soon after that you will be a great missionary for the Church. Soon after that, you will get married and have kids as wonderful as you are. Love, Grandpa Higginson
Happy, Happy, Birthday....Happy, Happy Birthday....take one down pass it around, Happy, Happy Birthday...I don't really know that version.. But Happy Birthday Joe! I love that you love planes! Hope you had a great day because you are great! "I didn't mean to miss your birthday baby, I'd wish I seen you blow those candles out!!!" Anybody recognize those lyrics, sorry Joe, those words just came to me. For those who can't guess, it was an old Bon Jovi song. Sorry Joe. Have a great day! Love, Nairn, Maria, Nairn, Jacob, Lauren, Daniel, Allison and Ethan. All the kids say Happy Birthday and they want you to make them a paper airplane because the ones they make don't fly!
Happy Birthday Joe! Are you keeping it real? I found out recently that Joe's favorite thing to eat while keeping it real is strawberrys. You're the man. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Happy Birthday big man!
FIRST!!!! Whoops! I guess I am first since getting to have a turn at the computer! Having just been in Twin Falls for a couple of days, I can testify that Joe sings pretty much all the time. He gets busy with a project and HE SINGS! He eats food and HE SINGS! He rides in the car and HE SINGS! He colors and HE SINGS! We go to the school play (The Music Man) and HE SINGS! every song from the audience!!And when HE SINGS HE CAN REALLY SING! Keep it up, Joe. Good music is a way of singing praises to Heavenly Father. Happy Birthday, Joe. I love you, Grandma Higginson
p.s. I love to hear YOU SING!!
Post a Comment