Saturday, March 15, 2008

Last Week Happenings

The kids at Xavier Charter School had their first annual fundraiser--a dance-a-thon. Students danced the entire day. I made it over long enough to take a few pictures of each of them. They did ball-room, ballet, hip hop and tap. They all had matching shirts. Joe's class was doing ballroom when I got there. It was so cute. They were doing the waltz and even turning the girls.


Veronica's group was doing mostly hip hop and they could pretty much do what they wanted. Here she is with a couple of her friends.


Savannah's group was on a break while I was there, so she did a little impromptu hip hop for me so I could get a picture.


Thanks, Tawnie, for the nice dishcloths and the very nice card. I appreciate the thoughtfulness of so many people. People in the ward have been amazing, Dad and Mom were so helpful, and the cards and phone calls from so many other family and friends have been wonderful. I have to admit that I've had a hard time--slow going, pain and some rollercoaster emotions. The kindess from so many has really been appreciated.
My bishop's wife (and my friend) called last Monday and wanted to know what I would eat if I could have anything in the world. I said that I'd been craving some salmon. This is what they brought for dinner that night. SO YUMMY!
It snowed last night and the kids wanted to make a new snowfort. Unfortunately there wasn't enough snow, so they settled for snow babies.
I wanted a picture of Bruce, but couldn't make it to any of the places where he was doing something interesting, so this is Bruce in the car after I picked him up from school. Not that interesting, but he's still good-looking.

Other than these events, me recovering, the family going to work and school--this is it.


5 comments:

Scott / Lori said...

Wow, I am never first to comment on a blog......lucky me. Um, Joe with that girl on the waltz, help me. How hilarious is that? Veronica and Savannah will have to do a hip hop number when you come next and Joe can twirl some girls. Hope you are feeling better, and really glad people have been so thoughtful of you, to check on you and take care of you. Hopefully you will be up and around soon and feeling back to normal. We love you. Lori

Anonymous said...

How cute. Good for them with all day dancing. I love it!!! I hear you are coming. Hope it will be long enough for us to see you.
You are wonderful!!!! Love you!

Leslie said...

fun idea to have a dance a thon.
i like all postings, even the ones of just every day stuff. none of us see each other as often as we used to, so it is good to keep up on the goings on. :)
hope you are getting better and better.
love you.

Lisa said...

fun times. the dancing was adorable! joe...what a hottie your dance partner is. i hope there was no bear hugging. cute snow babies. glad you are finally getting up and around a tiny bit.

Suzanne said...

Karey, it is me Mark.
I should come up and make a music video for you and your young women.

Love you