Today (March 5) is Travis's birthday, so I'd like to take this opportunity to wish him a wonderful birthday and list a few of the reasons why I love him. These are not necessarily in order of importance. - He's a great Dad. He teaches his kids, takes them to church, plays with them, enjoys being around them and is even willing to go to a silly kid's movie that they want to see--even if he has no interest in it. I appreciate that because it has saved me from having to see dog movies and superhero movies that didn't interest me at all.
- He works hard to support his family. He puts up with bad hours, difficult people and stupid problems, all so he can support his family. He has amazing business skills that would bring him more money and recognition somewhere else, but because his family likes it here, he works hard and makes do with what is available here. He's so unselfish.
- He has a great sense of humor. He finds humor in ridiculous and often difficult situations. I love it when he says something completely funny and unexpected.
- He has incredible discernment and reads people so well. He has an amazing ability to read a situation or a person's behavior. The mark of his character is that even though he is so good at reading people, he's also very forgiving and willing to give people the benefit of the doubt. I find this to be a really amazing quality.
- He's a thoughtful husband, bringing me flowers and chocolates often enough to be thoughtful, but not so often as to be taken for granted. He shows me he loves me in other, more meaningful ways (if there is a more meaningful way than chocolate). He's been known to vacuum, clean bathrooms, call and offer to pick kids up, and he's even willing to go to almost any "chick flick" with me. When I go to girls' camp or go to Utah without him, he always makes sure I come home to a clean house.
- He takes the family to church. He leads by example and always fulfils his church responsibilities. He has a strong testimony.
- He treats my parents with love and respect. I am so grateful for my parents and it would be hard for me if I was married to someone who didn't treat them well. I love him for loving my family.
- He always keeps our yard looking beautiful. I don't much like yard work and Travis always makes ours look nice. I love the fountain he installed. It is beautiful!
- If it has snowed and he knows I'm going to have to drive kids to school, he always shovels around the car and brushes off the snow. He's thoughtful.
- He supports me in my callings without complaining--even if it means lots of evening meetings, some Saturdays, staying late on Sunday, having people to the house or leaving for a week for girls' camp. He doesn't complain and tries to make it easier for me.
- He encourages me in projects and interests I have. He's a fan when I'm doing cakes, cheers me on when I'm writing, and admires the crafts I do.
- He puts our family first--ALWAYS!
- He loves to travel with the whole family. He plans and looks things up and prepares so that we get the most out of every vacation. He loves to be with the kids and enjoys seeing all of us have a good time.
I love Travis and am grateful to have spent the last 18+ years of my life with him. I look forward to many more wonderful times together for many years to come.
Happy birthday! I love you!
9 comments:
What Karey said is soooooooooo true. We appreciate all of the good qualities we see in Travis. He is a good guy. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TRAVIS. We love you. Mom and Dad H.
FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
happy birthday travis. i feel bad. i am up in oregon and i forgot the birthday cards that i had ready to write in and mail... so your card will be late. mom is mailing the cards to me so that i can then mail them to you and all the other birthdays in the last couple of days.
thank you for being so good to my sister.
love you all.
First and Second!! Thanks, Travis for always treating us with respect and for taking such good care of Karey and the children both in spiritual ways as well as temporal. Love ya! Mom and Dad H.
How funny!!Looks like Leslie squeezed me out of second place...so first and third place go to me!! Love, MOM
Happy, Happy Birthday Travis dear. Happy Days will come to you all year. If I had one wish then it would be
that you had a fun time skiing today.
Have Karey sing that to you for your birthday. Have a great day. Love, Scott Lori and kids
Nice tribute Karey. We like Travis!!!! :) I can see these qualities in him. How wonderful to have such an amazing spouse. You both are very blessed!!!
We lov eyou!!
Happy Birthday Travis!
Happy Birthday Travis! I can always trust that Travis will have a clever and witty remark...pretty much in all instances.
Props.
Happy Birthday, Travis! I still remember how kind you were to me when I worked at SOS back in my college days. :)
Great post, Karey!
happy birthday to travis. what a great tribute, karey. travis always comes up with the unexpected funny comment. and he's always such an incredible host being a friend to john and making us feel welcome. love you guys.
Post a Comment